Today we launched a Facebook page specifically for the Ignite conference. This page will be used not only for Ignite 2013 but for all future Ignite conferences as well. We will be using it a lot in the coming weeks so go Like it today!
Now that Florida Navs has officially launched you may be interested to know where you can find us on the web. We’ve set up accounts on several popular social media websites and we hope you’ll connect with us on them. Here’s where you can find us.
- Facebook, Twitter, & Google+ – This is where we’ll regularly post updates about the Florida Navs ministry.
- Tumblr – Here we’ll share videos and photos that we upload. From time to time we’ll also post videos and photos made by students, staff, and other Nav ministries.
- YouTube & Vimeo – All the videos we create will be uploaded to both services.
- Flickr – Photos taken at region-wide events such as the Ignite conference will be posted here.
- Pinterest – Honestly, we’re not yet sure how we’re going to use this yet. Stay tuned.
If you’ve been around a Navigator ministry for even a little while you’ve probably heard someone talk about making disciples. What’s more, you’ve probably seen it in action. Maybe you’ve even taken the plunge and have yourself become someone’s Timothy. The concept of discipleship is at the very heart of The Navigators vision statement:
To advance the Gospel of Jesus and His Kingdom into the nations through spiritual generations of laborers living and discipling among the lost.
Raising up a new spiritual generation of laborers is one of the hopes each person on staff with the ministry comes to campus with each semester. It’s also the vision held by many returning students. Maybe you’re one of them. You caught the vision in your freshmen Bible study, or at that first summer training program you went to, or through the example of the person discipling you. Whatever your story is, you now see your place in God’s plan as a laborers for His kingdom work.